Why Italy for Your Next Meeting or Event?
This European country, famed for its beauty, art, food, fashion and history, is equally renowned for its excellent meetings, convention and incentive offerings. Italy held an impressive International Congress and Convention Association ranking
(sixth) for hosting the most international meetings in 2019. Following a year that hampered the global meetings industry, the country is ready to welcome the MICE market again at its vast array of venues in the major meeting destinations of Rome, Milan and Florence, and to host memorable experiences throughout this well-loved country.
Only in Italy
With 55 UNESCO World Heritage Sites and countless attractions and activities, Italy offers myriad options for wowing groups. Whether it's gazing at the peaks of the Alps; swimming in the turquoise waters of Sicily; admiring Leonardo da Vinci's The Last Supper
in Milan; exploring the legendary Amalfi Coast, or wandering through the seaside villages of Cinque Terre, the country dazzles in every way.
Taxes: VAT, 22 percent; additional hotel fee, 1 euro per person, per night for three‐star hotels; 1.40 euros per person, per night for four‐star hotels; and 1.70 euros per person, per night for five‐star hotels; total tax on hotel rooms, 22 percent, plus individual hotel fee
- Roma Convention Center Palazzo dei Congressi; exhibit space, 15,608 square feet; number of meeting rooms, 22
- Roma Convention Center La Nuvola; exhibit space, 78,577 square feet; number of meeting rooms, 3
- MiCo Milano Convention Centre; exhibit space, 538,196 square feet; number of meeting rooms, 65
- Stella Polare Congress Centre (Milan); exhibit space, 365,973 square feet; number of meeting rooms, 9
- Firenze Fiera Congress & Exhibition Center; exhibit space, 1,291,669 square feet; number of meeting rooms, 208
Local Currency: Euro
Power: 230 volt
Time Zone: Central European Time (6 hours ahead of EST)
Flights between the U.S. and italy are offered at the following airports:
- Milan Malpensa Airport, about 23 miles from Milan. Transfer cost by taxi, about $86‐$134, by bus, about $12, by train, about $16.
- Rome Fiumicino Airport, about 19 miles from Rome. Transfer cost by taxi, about $37, by bus, about $6.40, by train, about $10.