Join Loren Edelstein, vice president and content director of Northstar Meetings Group, James Lancaster, editorial director of Northstar Meetings Group UK, and Paul Harvey, editor for Meetings & Incentive Travel, as they discuss the latest industry developments of note from around the world.
Here's a snapshot of what you'll hear in this 15-minute video recap:
• Observations from recent industry events, where participants were eager to be meeting and doing business in person (0:20)
• How meetings industry associations have reacted to Russia's attack on Ukraine (2:40)
• The general sense in the U.K., where all Covid restrictions have been lifted, that the pandemic is "in the rearview mirror" (1:30)
• How easing Covid restrictions are making meetings feel more "normal" (5:40)
• Whether we're ready to give up masks at meetings vs. in public settings (6:50)
• Why there's less uncertainty among meeting planners and attendees (8:10)
• Emerging synergies between meetings industry associations in the U.S. and Europe (12:15)
M&IT editor Paul Harvey is a journalist with more than 15 years of experience. He began his career in the local press, working for various titles across the north. Since joining M&IT in 2013, he has become a trusted and respected voice in the sector, championing event professionals and reporting on all aspects of the events industry for the brand.