Nobel Laureates, international CEOs, and leading activists will make up a star-studded rostrum of speakers – or ‘counsellors’ – when the One Young World conference meets in London this year.
Sir Bob Geldof, Nobel Peace Laureate Prof. Muhammad Yunus and former Irish President Mary Robinson will address delegates at the international youth summit a decade after the UK capital hosted the first summit.
The opening ceremony will be held at the Royal Albert Hall. Central Hall Westminster and the Queen Elizabeth II Centre will host sessions throughout the week.
One Young World is an international forum that ‘identifies, promotes and connects the world’s most young leaders to create a better world, with more responsible and more effective leadership’.
They are counselled by influential political, business and humanitarian leaders, who in previous years have included Justin Trudeau, Sir Richard Branson and the Duchess of Sussex.
The 2019 Summit will see London host more than 2,000 delegates from over 190 nations, making it the capital’s most international event since the 2012 Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games.
David Jones, co-founder of One Young World, said: “It is a huge year for One Young World as we celebrate our 10-year anniversary and we are proud to bring the Summit home to one of the most international and diverse cities in the world. At a time when the lack of senior leadership in the world is alarming, One Young World's role amplifying the voices and the activism of the young leaders who are One Young World Ambassadors has never been more important. They are now urged on by the 10,000 young leaders who have gone before them, to make their voices heard and implement the change they want."
Confirmed Counsellors for the 2019 Summit include:
- Bob Geldof, Singer & Activist
- Mama Bee, Social Media Influencer, Eh Bee Family
- Paul Polman, Chairman World Business Council for Sustainable Development & Chairman B Team
- Prof. Muhammad Yunus, 2006 Nobel Peace Laureate and Founder, Grameen Bank & The Elders
- Alan Jope, CEO, Unilever
- Bob Dudley, CEO, BP
- Antonio Zapulla, CEO, Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Elio Leoni-Sceti, Chief crafter of The Craftory, board member, AB Inbev & Barry Callebaut
- Feike Sijbesma, CEO & Chairman DSM
- Ben van Beurden, CEO, Shell
- Lord Michael Hastings, Global Head of Citizenship, KPMG International
- Mohamed Amersi, Founder & CEO, Emergent Telecom Ventures
- Ronan Dunne, Group President, Verizon Wireless
- Marisa Drew, CEO Impact Advisory and Finance, Credit Suisse
- Representatives from The Elders, chaired by former President of Ireland, Mary Robinson
AMI editor James
Lancaster is a familiar face in the meetings industry and international
association community. Since joining AMI in 2010, he has gained a reputation
for asking difficult questions and getting lost in convention centres. Proofer, podcaster, and panellist - in his spare time, James likes to walk,
read, listen to music, and drink beer.