Focus on engagement as RefTech enters membership management
An event software company best known for managing registrations for conferences and exhibitions has taken a leap into the membership management arena.
UK-based RefTech has launched MemberReference, specifically for associations and other member-based organisations, and says it includes ‘sophisticated reporting tools’.
The software gives administrators instant access to lists of members who have not yet renewed, who have lapsed or who are coming up to renewal and allows them to send reminder emails.
In addition, importing an existing membership list from a spreadsheet is simple while details of members who do not want to use online systems can be added and managed very easily. The software can be used by members and adapted to the specific needs of the organisation.
The system promises to ‘provide multiple routes to increased member engagement’.
Simon Clayton, RefTech chief ideas officer, said: “Membership engagement is a vital part of the management of any membership organisation, especially at present: without being able to hold live events, it is necessary to find alternative ways of creating and monitoring it.
“In our experience, member retention is far harder than member recruitment so having a system that helps engagement with members and an easy to use, real time online renewal process further increases member retention.”
- Simplifies member communication, allowing bespoke communication including newsletters with trackable links, and the setup and automation of transactional emails.
- Creates targeted communications designed for different membership types, considering their contact preferences.
- Monitors member contact and flagging up the members who are not engaging and therefore likely to leave. The system allows the set-up of multiple different member types with different costs associated with each.
- Enables organisations to create a ‘members only’ zone for members to access exclusive information and content (including video) that can be tailored to membership type.
- Simplifies payment options to enable easier renewals and for members to add and pay for optional extras effortlessly – thus increasing spend.
- Provides a safe and trusted platform so that members feel assured that their personal information is being held securely.
- Reports accurately and efficiently on membership numbers, interactions.
Published Date: 25/01/2021