AIM Group posts double-digit growth as sales near EUR100m
AIM Group International, the Milan-based professional congress organiser, posted double-digit growth in turnover marking a positive start to its two-year business plan.
The company, which acquired a majority stake in communications agency VanGoGh and opened a new office in Barcelona, recorded a 2018 turnover of EUR99m, 13% more than in 2017.
EBITDA, a meaure of earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization, stood at EUR2.7m – three per cent of turnover – and a 28% increase on the previous year.
The aim is achieve EBITDA at five per cent by 2020.
Gianluca Buongiorno, president AIM Group International, said: “Our new Business Plan is orienting us to be stronger, with an enhanced international profile and a financially robust position.”
CEO Gianluca Scavo said: “In 2018, we launched the Business Plan 2018-2020, based on the solid results achieved. Our focuses is on three main priorities: consolidation of our business portfolio; new strategic acquisitions; and the opening of new offices in dynamic destinations.”
Buongiorno added: “Quality and innovation will continue to be our main drivers over the years. Association and corporate clients require to provide more value and innovate the way to deliver effective events. It is a common challenge in the industry and we are confident that, thanks to our investments, expertise, long experience and staff professionalism, we will continue to further position AIM Group International as a global leader in the meetings industry.”
- 2018 Consolidated Results: Turnover 98,974,000 euro, Direct costs 82,793,000 euro, Staff Costs 13,487,000 euro, EBITDA 2,693,000 euro.
- +3,000 events organised with 430,000 handled delegates, 440,000 managed room nights.
- The acquisition of the majority stake of VanGogh creative communication agency.
- Several international awards received for outstanding events projects.
- The certification of Ethical MedTech Trusted Partner.
- The adoption of a new Corporate Code of Ethics.
AIM Group International has offices in Barcelona, Berlin, Brussels, Budapest, Dubai, Florence, Hamburg, Lisbon, Madrid, Milan, Munich, New York, Paris, Philadelphia, Prague, Rome, Vienna.
Published Date: 11/07/2019