Cascais in Portugal to host Associations World Congress 2020
Association World Congress organisers have announced the 2020 edition of the international event will be held at Estoril Congress Centre in Cascais, Portugal.
Next year’s event will kick off with a welcome reception on Wednesday 15 April and conclude on the afternoon of Friday 17 April 2020.
“The Estoril Congress Centre is an excellent venue which suits the Associations Congress well, with an entrance directly into the expo area, and an auditorium and break-out rooms immediately adjacent to the expo – making it a true hub of the event,” said Damian Hutt, executive director of The Association of Association Executives.
“I took the time to review the three universities that are now in Cascais, as well as new hotels and other great facilities.”
The Estoril Congress Centre has six hotels all within three to five minutes away, with the official hotel partners of the Association World Congress 2020 expected to be announced in the coming weeks.
Cascais is a short 30-minute drive from Lisbon Airport by car and can be easily accessed via the metro into Lisbon and then on a direct train west out to Cascais.
Key Association World Congress updates:
- Congress organisers pledge to continue to invest in increasing delegate attendance in 2020.
- Association World Congress will reduce the number of exhibitor stands and exhibitor staff, as well as increasing the non-event suppliers exhibiting.
- There will be a competition incentivising delegates to network with suppliers.
- Provide exhibitors with additional ways to promote themselves with add-ons.
- The first speakers have been confirmed for the Associations World Congress 2020 and will be announced in September, three months earlier than last year.
- The website and bookings page will launch in September.
A full event prospectus will be sent out to prospective congress attendees in the coming weeks and the event can be added to your diary via this link, to avoid any diary clashes.
Published Date: 06/08/2019