Malaysia ramps up promotion as delegate numbers hit 65,000
Malaysia is expecting to welcome more than 65,000 conference and exhibition goers in 2020.
The national convention bureau, MyCEB, has secured 42 business events for the next 12 months, comprising association and corporate meetings, exhibitions, and incentive programmes.
Most of the delegates, who are expected to boost national coffers by RM654m (EURO144m), work in the fields of healthcare, telecommunications, science and technology.
International events includes:
- Meetings of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers -ICANN 2020
- 19th International Congress on Infectious Diseases (ICID)
- 2nd International Medical & Aesthetic Conference and Exhibition, IMACE 2020
- ITA-AITES World Tunnel Congress (WTC) 2020 and General Assembly
- 57th IFLA World Congress and IFLA2020 World Landscape Architects Summit
The Malaysian government has set a target of attracting 30 million tourists a year and business events are seen as a way of contributing to that target.
MyCEB will be promoting Malaysia as ‘Asia’s Business Events Hub’ at international roadshows throughout the year as part of its Visit Malaysia 2020 campaign.
Formed in 2009, MyCEB has so far secured 1,100 international business events worth an estimated RM8.5 billion to the country. During the same period, MyCEB provided support to 2,278 events resulting to an increase of delegate average attendance, the length of their stay and spending.
Published Date: 14/01/2020